Is he into you or isn’t he? It’s actually very simple. It’s so simple, in fact, that it’s INSANE how much time us women spend trying to figure out what a guy’s thinking. The next time you’re agonizing over what’s going on, just ask yourself these five *obvious* questions to keep yourself in check:
1. WHO’S DOING MOST OF THE TEXTING? A guy who wants to be your boyfriend will text you regularly — and by regularly, we mean all the time — without you having to text him. There are no exceptions: If he’s into you, he’ll text you. Trust us on this. A guy who only cares about hooking up won’t text you unless you text him first, except when he’s horny, of course. So if you keep having to text him, STOP. Sorry to break it to you but he’s not into you — he’s using you.
2. WHAT HAPPENS BEFORE YOU HOOK UP? A guy who wants to be your boyfriend will do different things with you when you hang out like grab a bite with you, invite you to hang out with his friends, watch a movie, etc. Hooking up will come after hanging out in ways that don’t involve hooking up.
3. WHO MAKES MOST OF THE PLANS? A guy who wants to be your boyfriend will want to linger with you afterwards. There’ll be some cuddling, some pillow talk, maybe you’ll get coffee together or even breakfast. And the best part — after rolling around in bed together, you’ll actually feel close to each other. A guy who’s all about hooking up will start getting antsy afterwards… Instead of closeness, you’ll feel distance. He’ll probably make up an excuse to leave and once he’s gone, you’ll probably be left feeling a little empty.
4. WHAT DO YOU TALK ABOUT? A guy who wants to be your boyfriend will actually want to talk to you. You’ll have conversations about your lives, your friends and your plans. You’ll feel a connection. A guy who sees you as just a hookup won’t really care about what you think or feel. Sure, you’ll have conversation here and there but as you talk to him, you won’t feel like he feels a real connection to you.
5. WHAT DOES YOUR GUT SAY? A guy who wants to be your boyfriend will make you feel like a priority — you’ll sense that he wants you and is thinking about you because he’ll behave accordingly. In other words: When a guy is into you, you’ll know it… You’ll feel it at an instinctual level. A guy who sees you as just a hookup will make you wonder wtf his deal is. You’ll be totally confused because he’ll be hot one minute and cold the next and you’ll spend a ton of time trying to decipher his behavior. Deep down, you’ll know something’s wrong. That’s your gut telling you to walk away — listen.